Monday 31 March 2014

Mt Vic Pics

My Chocolate Stars quilt is back from LG Quilting in Portland and what a great job they have done. I am very happy with the result. Now all it needs is the rod pocket and the binding.


I have been spending a bit of time at Mt Vic lately organising things for the renovation. We had a huge storm one day just as I was arriving. This is what it looked like from Barden's Lookout which is just along the road from our house. The view is over Little Hartley.


It was a huge downpour. Afternoon storms have been regular of late.

This is the result of another.

Wont be burning that wood for a while!
On Saturday, when it was dry, I took another opportunity to walk around and take photos of the inside of the house and the yard.

The house is ok. Its a defined space and I have ideas for all of it. But the yard is a different story! I have posted some pics already about some of the things laying around but thought I would share a few more.

Part of the fernery.
The other end of the fernery
Patchwork corrugated iron on the side of the shed.



The chook shed was crushed by a falling tree.
The burnt double decker was crushed by the weight of snow when it fell in October 2012.

Not sure where this came from!

The view through the trees from behind the shed.

The burnt trees are all sprouting again.
 
I think once the house is fixed up then we can concentrate on the yard, one step at a time!


   

   

No comments:

Post a Comment