Sunday 23 March 2014

Making progress

'Polly' the peahen, just part of the furniture now.
Well the roof at Mt Vic has been painted.  Unfortunately there are lots of shadows on the roof in the before photos so its a bit hard to see the badly flaking paint.

Before
Before
  
and after!
We are very happy with the result. It was all done in a day!

I decided to have a go at making knitted dishcloths to try them out. I like the idea of having something that wears well, that can be washed and reused and is made of natural fibre. I found some great cotton for sale at half price which knits up really well. You can make one in an evening watching telly. The only trouble is that I really like them so I dont want to get them dirty!! A bit silly really.....


 
I have made some progress on my Faux Wedding Ring Quilt. I finished all the hand applique some time ago and have been gradually making the foundation pieced sashing. On Saturday, at Chris Jurd's sewing class, I made some more and then sewed the ones I had made together and they look quite good.  I think the colours are working well together and it should look fine when its finished. Mind you, I have a way to go yet!

Some of the appliqued blocks.
Some of the sashing pieces.
I had hoped that this project would make a dint in my stash of earthy colours. However, as every patchworker knows, stashes miltiply mysteriously and mine looks just the same!

1 comment:

  1. It's great to see Polly still visits. The new roof looks wonderful, they did well putting it on in one day. Your FWR quilt is looking great! It's funny how you can make a whole quilt and it doesn't look as though you've used any fabric.

    ReplyDelete