Tuesday 13 January 2015

Decisions, decisions.....

I have finally finished the little red and white blocks I have been working on. All 16 are now finished and I just need to decide how to arrange them.

Originally I was thinking that they would look nice in a row and would make a bright, albeit small, table runner.


But then I thought it would make a nice little wall hanging or a square table centre.

My computer has again decided to change the orientation on my photo! Oh well..... There are lots of ways to arrange the square. The one above, which I think looks like it's all spinning, or maybe this one

or this one.


It's a bit hard to choose although I think the last one is my favourite. The white squares suggest to me a spot for some nice quilting. I think this might be the one. It will only be 12 inches square so maybe a little border will look good around it.

These are some of the beautiful gladies that are out in the garden at Mt Vic. Since I picked these ones, a yellow with red centres and a pink and mauve have come out too. So pretty and cheerful!


3 comments:

  1. Those little blocks are so cute!! Congratulations on finishing them. I like the last arrangement too, but they all look great. Beautiful gladis!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tiny blocks - probably took longer than a big version! And the gladdies are beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - the white squares would make an ideal quilting feature spot! It is amazing the variety of layouts you achieved with the blocks - they all look good. Congrats on the baby addition - they always look so little regardless of the weight!

    ReplyDelete