Sunday 21 December 2014

Christmas Cheer

Here we are only a few days before Christmas. It always seems to come around so quickly, before all planned preparation has taken place.

Now that I am retired I had planned to have several handmade gifts ready and to have done some cooking above and beyond my usual Christmas cakes. However, I am sad to admit that none of these things have materialised! Maybe next year!!

These cheerful Chrismassy bottlebrush were trimmed from a tree that was damaged by the snow in October. They were too pretty to toss onto the rubbish pile and made a lovely show. It has never occurred to me to pick bottlebrush before.

This spectacular eucalypt is flowering in a nearby garden. Who said natives are dull and boring!


We have already had two bushfires here in the Blue Mountains. The first one was on Cliff Drive in Katoomba back in November and it sadly destroyed one home. We drove past the area on the weekend and the stark contrast between the burnt bush and the remaining scrub was evident. Already the burnt trees are sprouting new shoots at the base.

The next photos were taken on Narrow Neck Road in Katoomba. Unfortunately, my battery ran out so I could only take a few shots.

I have lived in the Blue Mountains for most of my life but I must admit that I tend to take the bush for granted. Its time to get out there and explore it some more. There are so many breathtaking places to visit right on our back door.

Thank you for reading my blog. Happy Christmas and a safe and healthy 2015.


1 comment: