Tuesday 4 February 2014

Pansy Patch

Finally, the day I have dreamed of for so long came last Friday when I went to work for the last time. It was a good day, a bit sad, but mostly fun. Everyone came out for lunch which was lovely. It was also a special day because it was also my boss' last day with RMS.

Some time ago I started making large hexagon flowers for a quilt I found in the Quilters Companion magazine called 'Old Quilts Made New'. Its called 'Pansy Patch'. The rich bright colours were what attracted me to it.

I English paper pieced the hexi flowers on the train on the way to work which attracted many inquiries as to what I was making! When they were all complete I laid them out on the bed to try to arrange them in a pleasing manner.


It was a bit fiddly working out all the odd pieces that are required to make the whole thing fit together. Anyway I had become a bit phobic about starting the process of sewing them all together. Sometimes when I think about things too much it all gets too hard in my head and nothing happens. Anyway, without much thought I retrieved my photos, walked into my sewing room and picked up the pieces I needed and started sewing. And surprise surpise it wasn't as complicated as I thought. I have made a good start and its going together quite well.

Our friendly peahen has continued to visit and comes around most days. It turns out she belonged to a neighbour along with another peahen and a peacock. The other two birds have apparently debunked to Sun Valley and this one just roams around the neighbourhood.


My sewing room has been a hive of activity. Its a mess as you can see but things are getting done. Another UFO of the dressmaking kind has come to the fore and I have also been working on that.


Its so much fun having time to spend in my favourite room in the house!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the final retirement.
    Yes it's great to be in the sewing room all alone!

    ReplyDelete