Wednesday 14 August 2013

The beginning.....

Well I have finally done it and created a blog. This will be our record of our big adventure in our caravan. We are heading off in September to parts unseen before all around Australia.

Mike standing by the van as we set off on our first trip in January 2013

At the moment we are still at work and looking forward to our trip. We have made five short trips in the van to Bermagui, Shoal Bay (twice), Mollymook and Canowindra and we are having a lot of fun. We still have to acquire some gear for the big trip such as a generator, compressor and such but we are pretty well set up. In the meantime we are enjoying our weekends until we go.

Pink Pots and Polka Dots and Copper





My passion is patchwork and quilting and I intend to be stitching my way around the country. This is a picture of one of my recent creations and our beautiful old dog Copper standing beside it in our garden. Unfortunately he is no longer with us but he sneakily made it into this photo!

I am already planning my hand stitching projects ready for the trip and we have set aside some space in the caravan for my little retro Husqvarna 'Claire' sewing machine. I got it at a garage sale for $10! What a bargain.

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! Happy 1st post. What a great beginning with photos of your caravan and a beautiful quilt! I'm so looking forward to following your adventures around Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you're pompom!
    I'll put you in my favourites and keep track of your trip.
    How exciting.

    ReplyDelete